LBC - MEMBER COVENANT
"Having been led, with assurance, by the Spirit of God to receive Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, and upon profession of my repentance toward God
and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, having been baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit....
I covenant, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit to..."
- Submit myself to the authority of this congregation; and my presence and my discipleship to your love, oversight and accountability.
- Walk with you, my brothers and sisters, in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this Church, in knowledge, holiness and comfort - even to the laying down of my life in service for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ and my brothers and sisters, and if called upon by my Lord, to hazard my life for the gospel's sake.
- To promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain true Biblical worship in it, observing the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Table, discipline, and doctrines as revealed in the Word of God.
- To contribute cheerfully and regularly of my income as God has graciously prospered me for the support of this church, relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel throughout all nations.
- To seek to understand and to exercise my own unique giftedness in a supportive, non-divisive manner and, thereby, to actively participate as a needed member of this body of believers.
- To submit to the pastoral authority of the elders who have oversight for this body of believers.
- To maintain family and private devotions; to biblically educate my children; to seek the salvation of my family and acquaintances; to be zealous in my efforts to advance the kingdom of my Savior
- To walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in my dealings, faithful in my engagements, exemplary in my deportment, abstaining from all appearances of evil;
- To avoid all backbiting, gossiping, and unrighteous anger.
- To watch over you, my brothers and sisters, in brotherly love.
- To remember you in prayer; to aid you in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech.
- To be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, and mindful of the commandments of our Savior to secure it without delay.
- To be subject to biblical discipline which seeks my restoration, if I am overtaken in any fault.
- I moreover engage that if I remove from this place I will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church of like faith and practice, where I can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God's Word. I also realize that Legacy Baptist Church has already entered into this covenant, one with another, and that she is also responsible to me in like manner.